Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Roger that...10-4...Rubber Ducky Out!



I had the amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity to fly into Taylor Ranch Research area earlier this week.  I found out Sunday I would be, while at Hoopfest, that my Uncle Darrell was flying in and had room for a UI employee...I became that UI employee!  WOW!!  What an adventure of a day I had.  
My mom raised me to fear small airplanes (thanks Mom!)  I never thought I would leap into one for a quick day trip to South Idaho!  But, I LOVED IT!  The flight down and over to the Cascade, ID area, was breath taking--we as Idahoans truly live in a beautiful state and I got to see it from a truly unique view--on top of it!  
I will be posting pictures of my beautiful trip later this week.  I am still working on uploading the pictures.  The weather was perfect and we got to take a pit stop in Grangeville to pick up the UPS and drop it off in Lewiston!  
I love what a small world it is, as well!  Our pilot ended up being one of my great friends from college's, dad, Doug Gadwa!  He did a great job at keeping us in the loop at what was going on during the flight and telling us the history of the land we were seeing and pointing out great points of interest.  
I am so amazingly blessed to have been invited on this amazing trip with my Uncle Darrell.  A huge thank you to Darrell and Doug for a fantastic day and a wonderful adventure, that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment