Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 28, 2012

What the What?!

Shane and I celebrated our two year anniversary over a week ago.  I got text messages and facebook posts all day!  We truly felt the love from our wonderful friends and family!  I was able to go through our wedding album that our wonderful photographer, Cyndee, put together for us recently and I fell in love with this picture all over again.  To truly understand what is going on in my mind and probably in Shane's you need the back story--and I can't believe I haven't shared this one yet!  This story will take you back to the day before our big day!
June 18th, 2010--I woke up and got ready for all the work we had ahead of us that day!  Shane was already up and ready to go, I went into the living room and started talking to my parents about everything that needed to happen that day, after we had a game plan I went outside to where Shane was talking to his brother, he ended the conversation by saying, "ya, I'll see you soon."  I told him I was going to head to the church to get things started and he told me he was going to go meet his brother in Caldwell for a while to do "guy stuff".  I asked him how long he would be, when I could expect him to get everything put together for "our" wedding?!  To say I was in crazy mode is a understatement.  I asked what he was doing, so at least I could tell people where my soon to be husband was while we were working on the wedding--he of course couldn't say.  
Fast forward to our wedding day--our wedding toast actually!  My beautiful best friend had just given the toast and made me cry (thanks Marie!) Next up, Shane's brother, Kyle.  At this point I had almost completely forgotten the crazy lady I had been the day before (I am unsure if Shane had though!)  Kyle started his speech by announcing that he and Shane had gone skydiving the day before!  Our amazing photogratpher caught this picture--an amazing reminder at how much Shane (and his brother) could still surprise me after knowing him for over 4 years!  
That was the first surprise of many after being married.  Two years later Shane (and his family!) still surprise me.  Some days it's his thoughtfulness, or his random acts of kindness towards me, my family, his family, or others.  There have been not so pleasant surprises, but for the most part I feel pretty dang lucky to call have this funny and loving guy at my side through our adventures! 



2 comments:

  1. Really, there is so much emotion in that picture it almost made me cry. I haven't ever met your husband and I have an overwhelming confidence in how great your marriage is. Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amanda! You are so sweet--Hope you are doing great! I hope to see you soon in Fruitland!!

    ReplyDelete