Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 05, 2012

In & Out of Taylor Ranch

Here are a couple of my pictures from my flight into Taylor Ranch on Monday!  Like I stated in my previous post, it was a beautiful day for flying, we left Pullman at 7:30 am and landed at Taylor Ranch about an hour and a half later.  
Here is a picture of the amazing Palouse from overhead!  It was a little hazy in North Idaho and I'm shooting through the window.  I am so happy I invested in the Canon DSLR camera back in January!  I would have never been able to capture high quality shots like this without it!  Below is a picture of my Aunt Kim and Uncle Darrell's house outside of Genesee.  We're still a little far away--but what a beautiful spot to have a house!

 These photos are from across the Palouse region!  


 Uncle Darrell & Doug Gadwa (our Pilot) talking about their many connections on the Palouse!
 Below is the small runway we landed on and took off from!  I still can't believe that Doug landed on so amazingly!
 Me taking a break from hiking the shade!  I was not used to the heat that we find in Southern Idaho.  We actually had to take off earlier in the afternoon before it got too hot and the plane wouldn't have been able to handle it.
 This plane came in right after us and dropped off a Fish and Game researcher.  I was able to capture a couple pictures of him taking off!
 This is the main cabin that the students get to stay in.  It is relatively new and was built to replace a cabin and cookhouse that they lost in the 2000 Wildfire.  It is gorgeous inside and UI currently has six students living in this bunkhouse this summer.
 The below cabin serves as the research spot.  It has a library, study area, small lab, and quarters for visiting professors etc.  It is pretty impressive the set up that UI has worked on.


 The river offers some relief to the heat!  I think next time (if I ever get this opportunity again) I will bring my fishing pole!  The managers said the fishing is great in July!

 Behind me is the Cessna 280 (unsure of the number, but I'm pretty sure!)  This is when I was waiting to take off!
 The two managers, assistant manager, a professor who is visiting, the Pilot (Doug) and my uncle Darrell.  Also in there, are two adorable dogs, Toby and Snowball.  Darrell and I also got our picture taken--this should make a great Christmas card!

 During take off!  It is amazing to be so close to the mountains in a small airplane and Doug was amazing and fearless--but always very, very safe!  Below is approaching the Palouse--it felt great to get back home and on solid ground for a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment