Total Pageviews

Monday, August 16, 2010

John Deere...


While driving home last night it hit me that I am a farmers wife. I wear many hats in my life--any given day my duties range from cook, cleaner, laundress, professional driver, runner, UI recruiter and more. But, I had never thought of myself as a farmers wife. I have been a farmers daughter and a farmers granddaugher my entire life--but this was quite the realization to me!
I love farming and growing up was lucky enough to be around agriculture. I drove truck for my grandfather while he fed cows, I pulled weeds, turned bales, and irrigated for him. I showed market lambs at the county fair for 12 years straight. I have seen many sides of agriculture, but that was South Idaho.
Now I'm in North Idaho/Eastern Washington. The tractors are bigger, the fields are more acreage, and the old farmers that I bs'ed with growing up are over 300 miles away. Now, I am adjusting to working full time and being a wife...I mean a farmers wife, which has some differences...especially in North Idaho :)

No comments:

Post a Comment